Thursday, February 6, 2014

January 20,2014

This week has been just wow.

We had a training from our mission president and he is so awesome getting us all ready for the next year of dedication to the Lord. He is truely a man called of God and he is so awesome.

Anyways, this week has been one of learning. Learning that even though I don't know the language the Best the Lord will work with what I do know and he will give me what I don't. 

I say this because when we had exchanges and I was with the District Leader we were headed home that night and I sat down next to a lady. I had just said dobrý večer, ako sa mate," and she answered back and a conversation started. I was able to talk to this woman and understand her. I was able to state my missionary purpose as a missionary right before I had to leave. That was the Lords design and his doing to help me know the words to say. I know he is in the work and I know that he has called me and will be with me every step of the way. 

People are doing great and eveything is doing great here. We had met some great people this last week and have some awesome appointments set up. We are also trying to help those who have become less active come back to the church. There are so many amazing strong members here and I know that with the Lords help there will be so many more. 

My last thought this week is about agency. Agency is quite a gift. With our agency we were able to choose to follow Gods plan and we were able to choose to come to earth and except Christ as our Savior and Redeemer. With our agency we learn and we grow. It is truely a God given gift. There are times when it gets hard, when people choose to do things that aren't good. We often want nothing less than to help them, but we must remember that when we are helping them we can not force them. We can't try and take away their agency. That doesn't mean to give up on them though. Help them, all those who have had a hard life. When we were baptized we chose to help others in need of help, comfort those in need of comfort, lift those that are sad, mourn with those that are mourning. Remember Christ, ask for help to help others. God wont take away anyones agency, but he can and will help you help others if you use your agency and ask. 

I know that my Father lives 
I know that my Savior lives 
and I know that when life gets to hard to stand, kneel, you will be closer to heaven anyways. 

From here in Bratislava,

No comments:

Post a Comment