Tuesday, January 7, 2014

01--7-2014

Hey from Bratislava,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!  The new years is really just the same here. However, there seems to be a lot more bottles on the ground the next day... I don't quite know why.... okay I do, but people are being prepared. We had to be in by 5 we got to watch the Jungle Book, but all of us went to bed around 10 30 because we had to be up by 6 30 the next day. Oh and Fireworks go off all night and into the next day, but we still got a good night sleep.

This week has been great, it's been a lot of contacting. Lots of people here to talk to and lots of work to be done. There were some really good people that we talk to and we got some numbers for English class and a couple for the gospel.

The language is coming, we had exchanges and my comp. and I had one of the zone leaders with us. He got our hopes and excitement about contacting up and he helped us a lot with it. He also was able to help me with the Language during language study so that my companion didn't have to use his time on me (which he would have been more then happy to do.) I was able to accomplish a lot of my goals.

We had a baptism in our branch this last weekend and it was so great. The Sisters taught this man and he is such a cool man. I was able to stand in on a blessing of his a couple weeks ago and I knew that this man was prepared and ready.

I never knew how much new converts gave up until I came here. These people are some of my biggest heroes. These people have literally changed their lives, turned them around, given up things that are comforts for them. Some have lost family, some have lost everything, some have had to give up some of the only things they knew, and learn a knew set of vocabulary in order to be able to keep up. I don't think many people can see that. That is why we need members to be
willing. Be friend the converts, teach with the missionaries, help the people come and come back. We as missionaries can not do this alone because in the end Every member is a missionary.

I hope this next week treats you well, I hope everyone is over any sicknesses and that everyone has set the new years goals. I would encourage one to be read the Book of Mormon as a family. Another maybe have the missionaries over for dinner and invite a none member friend. There are so many ways and things we can do to make our lives better and one of the biggest is to lose ourselves in service.

Wish me luck on this next week and remember that when life gets to hard to stand kneel.

Here I go,

Elder Asay 

No comments:

Post a Comment