Saturday, November 30, 2013

Week 9



My last week here in the MTC. Ready or not here I go. 

It has been a great week and I am so glad I got to spend it here in the MTC, if i wasn't going to be at home. For Thanksgiving this last week we did a lot. Elder Nielson came and spoke to us on gratitude and how we can receive revelation through it. I had never thought about it like that though. It was really cool.

We had a program that I had auditioned for, but the song wasn't the right type for the program. That's okay though because I got to sit and listen without worrying about having to sing or anything like that. We had lots of time after that and then we had a service project. We made dried soup bags for children in Utah that were going home to no food. The bags weren't very big but they were awesome to make, and provided three full meals. We made well over 30,000 all together as the MTC. I loved meeting all the new people and getting to help others all the time.

The last thing we did before we went back to the residence halls was we watched Ephraim's Rescue, My all time favorite church related movie. It is such a great movie and ever time I watch it I want to be the best and most worthy Priesthood hold that I can ever be, so that the Lord will work miracles through me. 

I got my flight plan last week and I am so excited. First to Texas, the London, England yep that's right, Then to Czech I am so excited. 

Thank you for all the support and help that you have all given me. I can't wait to get out there. The language will come, The people will listen and if anyone gets a call to a mission and you hear someone saying, Oh that's cool, but you wont get very many, if any, baptisms there sorry. They are lying. The Lord has said again and again that the FIELD IS WHITE ALL READY TO HARVEST. He did not say the field is white, except for Russia, or Europe, or Australia. You have to have faith if you want to be the best missionary you can be. You have to believe that you will bring people unto Christ. Don't let other tare that faith down. I know the Lord speaks to his children, all of them, maybe not face to face, but he helps them all and he is readying the field for Harvest.

Thank you so much for everything,

Elder Asay  

 


Dad: Long trip son good luck so excited 
Josh: I love you dad thanks I will have to take luck... ... ... nothing? okay but it was funny huh 

anyways I love you.
Dad: Yes that was funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment